Crispy Duck Leg with Mandarin Orange
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
Hua Tiao Chiew
Sweet Chilli Sauce
How to cook
Prepare the duck
- Poke the duck legs evenly with needle.
- Rub the duck leg with salt and chicken powder.
- Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Place the marinated duck legs on a tray and cover with spring onion, ginger, star anise, cinnamon stick, peppercorns and Hua Tiao Chiew, then steam for 40 minutes.
- Remove the duck legs from the steamer, and set aside.
Prepare the batter
- Mix the plain flour, corn flour, baking powder, water and cooking oil for the batter and set aside.
Prepare the sauce
- Mix the sweet chilli sauce, calamansi juice, chilli padi, shallot and some orange zest in a large bowl with the mandarin oranges.
- Keep the sauce mixture chilled.
- Heat up the oil in a large pot.
- Dust the duck legs with corn flour, coat with batter, and deep fry till golden brown.
- Set aside the fried duck legs on absorbent paper.
- Spread the sauce on the plate and lay the fried duck legs on top.
- Garnish with spring onions, chilli and coriander leaves, and serve.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
CNY inspired Tiger Swiss Roll
Crispy Sweet Tofu
Baked Boneless Dang Gui Chicken with Wolfberries
CNY Royal Umbrella Rice YuSheng
Golden Chef Razor Clam Meat Patty
Fruitful Sweet Prawns
Mala Braised Duck
Golden Chef South African Baby Abalone with Korean Rice Cake
Chicken and Ham Roulade with Plum Sauce
Chicken Rendang with Potatoes
Mullet Fillet Teriyaki
Marinated Chicken with Black Fungus
Golden Pumpkin Scallops and Crispy Wanton
Baked Boneless Masala Chicken Leg with Abalone Marinate
Prosperity Fish Hor Fun with Fragrant Oil
Abundant Claypot With Abalone Sauce
Mala Xiang Guo
Mud Crab Vermicelli
Impossible Meat Patty