Full Cream Milk
How to cook
Prepare the durian paste
- Place the durian flesh into an electric mixer and mix into a paste on low to medium speed.
- Press the paste through a fine sieve and set aside.
Prepare the custard base
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the vanilla essence and sugar.
- Bring the milk and cream to a near boil over medium heat and then reduce the heat to low.
- Pour in the egg mixture, stirring constantly to thicken.
- Take care not to let the mixture boil, or the milk will curdle - if you see bubbles forming at the edge of the saucepan, take it off the stove.
- Once the consistency is thick, remove from the heat and allow the custard to cool.
- Chill the custard in the freezer for 30-45 minutes, until it is just beginning to harden.
Assemble and serve
- Gradually stir in the durian paste, 1 tablespoon at a time, until completely incorporated.
- Continue to freeze it till the ice-cream hardens.
- Served chilled in a bowl, on a slice of bread or on the ice cream waffle cone!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Blackcurrant Ice Cream
Baileys Irish Cheesecake
French Almond Apple Tart
Spooky Peanut Butter Cup
Just 5 Minutes: Microwave Cheesecake5.0 (4)
Chew’s Crème Brulee
Durian Sticky Rice
Easy Homemade Churros
Bubur Cha Cha (Inspired by the Dragon Playground)
Crepes With Caramelised Apples
Strawberry Mochi5.0 (1)
Mango Coconut Ice Cream Cake
Japanese Fruit Sandwich
Yuan Yang Caramel Snowskin Mooncake
Grilled Pound Cake French Toast with Smoked Maple Syrup
The Good Ol’ Days Ice Cream5.0 (2)
No-Baked Avocado Lime Cheesecake
Banana Bread Pudding
Strawberry Panna Cotta
New Zealand Natural Ice Cream Cookies
No-Bake Taro Tofu Cake