Easy Numbers Cake
Vanilla Cake Mix
plus ingredients called for on the box
softened, 3 sticks
|1 1⁄2 cups|
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Pure Vanilla Extract
of your choice
How to cook
Prepare the cakes
- Preheat oven to 176°C and line two 9 by 13 inch pans with parchment paper.
- Prepare the cake mixes according to the package directions.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (about 25 minutes).
- Let the cakes cool.
Prepare the buttercream
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until combined.
- Add cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt and beat until combined.
- If you desire a thinner consistency, add 1 more tablespoon cream.
Assemble and serve
- When the cakes are cool, flip them onto a cutting board and level them with a serrated knife.
- Stack one on top of the other and cut out the desired number - discard the scraps or save them for another use.
- Unstack the top cake layer and spread a thick layer of buttercream on top of it.
- Stack the second cake layer on top of the buttercream layer.
- Frost the top of the second cake layer with buttercream.
- Decorate with candy of your choice.
You may also like
Orange Passover Cake
Honey Walnut Cake
Mango Sago with Pomelo
One-Pan Mantou Pizza
Ham & Cheese Sandwich
Peach Sponge Cake
Japanese Fruit Sandwich
New Zealand Natural Ice Cream Cookies
Mug Date Cake
Golden Pillow Cheese Pineapple Tarts
Sweet Glutinous Rice Balls
Minced Chicken Rice Balls
Chocolate Christmas Log Cake
Pandan Gula Melaka Cake
Mango Coconut Ice Cream Cake
Chocolate Cup Fruit Cake
No-Fry Fried Ice Cream
Lemon Cardamom Cake