Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
or other fresh seafood of your choice, such as prawns
How to cook
- Clean and remove all bones thoroughly.
- Slice the fillet into large chunks.
Prepare egg mixture
- Lightly beat eggs with a pair of chopsticks to mix evenly, then take note of its amount in the holding bowl.
- Add about 150% of chicken stock or water (as compared to the amount of egg mixture), and season with salt and ginger juice to taste.
- The ideal egg water ratio should be around 1 (egg) : 2 (liquid) in volume.
- Pour 80% of the mixture into a wide surface bowl that’s not too deep.
- Steam it for about 3-4 minutes under high heat till it starts to form into a custard.
- Remove from the steamer, add fish or seafood of your choice evenly, then pour the rest of the 20% egg solution.
- Return to the steamer and steam for another 4-5 minutes till cooked.
- Pour some soy sauce and cooking oil on top to taste, then top it with little fried shallots and spring onion.
- Serve hot immediately.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!