Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
or other fresh seafood of your choice, such as prawns
How to cook
- Clean and remove all bones thoroughly.
- Slice the fillet into large chunks.
Prepare egg mixture
- Lightly beat eggs with a pair of chopsticks to mix evenly, then take note of its amount in the holding bowl.
- Add about 150% of chicken stock or water (as compared to the amount of egg mixture), and season with salt and ginger juice to taste.
- The ideal egg water ratio should be around 1 (egg) : 2 (liquid) in volume.
- Pour 80% of the mixture into a wide surface bowl that’s not too deep.
- Steam it for about 3-4 minutes under high heat till it starts to form into a custard.
- Remove from the steamer, add fish or seafood of your choice evenly, then pour the rest of the 20% egg solution.
- Return to the steamer and steam for another 4-5 minutes till cooked.
- Pour some soy sauce and cooking oil on top to taste, then top it with little fried shallots and spring onion.
- Serve hot immediately.
You may also like
New Zealand Superior Wild Abalone with Red Chili Stew
Cantonese Roast Chicken Stuffed with Rice
Salted Egg Prawns
Chicken Soup with Ginger and Shiitake Mushrooms
Crispy Noodles with Silky Seafood Sauce
South Korean Baby Abalone with Hot Mayo Miso Sauce
Golden Chef Australian Premium Wild Abalone with 4 Treasures
Glutinous Rice Balls ‘Tang Yuan’ with Black Sesame Paste
Stir-Fried Spring Onion Ginger Fish with Fragrant Sesame Oil
Buddha Jump Over The Wall in Egg White Fortune Pouch
Steamed Egg with Pork and Salted Vegetables
Crispy Duck Leg with Mandarin Orange
Prata Pot Pie With Boston Clam Chowder
Crispy Chicken with Auspicious Mandarin Orange & Ginger Scallion Sauce
Golden Chef South African Baby Abalone with Korean Rice Cake
Double-Boiled Winter Melon Chicken Soup with Black Eye Bean
Australian Premium Wild Abalone With Pomfret
Abundant Pan-fried Grouper with Oyster Sauce
Prosperity Fish Hor Fun with Fragrant Oil
Wok-Fried Tangy Prawns with Sesame Soy Dressing
Salted Egg Yolk Chee Cheong Fun
Treasure Sea Cucumber with Vegetables in Plum Sauce
Braised South African Baby Abalone with Stuffed Onion
Abundant Claypot With Abalone Sauce