Golden Spicy Scallops
seasoned with corn flour and salt
cut into chunks
How to cook
Prepare the rice cakes
- Over high heat, pan-fry rice cake slices in 3 tablespoon of oil till crisp on the sides then set aside.
Prepare the scallops
- Season scallops with corn flour and salt.
- Pour away the excess oil from the pan and fry the scallops on each side for 3 minutes till golden brown.
- Set aside the cooked scallops and keep the juice from frying the scallops for later use.
Prepare the mushrooms
- Add 1⁄2 tablespoon of oil and fry the Shimeji mushrooms till brown then set aside.
Prepare the baby corn
- Add 1⁄2 tablespoon of oil and fry the baby corn.
- Add a pinch of salt and fry till slightly charred then set aside.
- Prepare the spicy sauce by heating oil and sautéing the sliced garlic.
- Add the juice from frying the scallops, chilli paste, water, miso paste, sugar and tomato sauce then bring the sauce to a boil.
- Add the fried rice cakes and cook till the rice cakes are soft.
- Slowly add the beaten eggs into the sauce mixture until it thickens.
- Place the rice cakes and vegetables in a deep dish and ladle in a portion of the spicy sauce.
- Arrange the cooked scallops on top and ladle in the remainder of the sauce over the scallops.
- Optional: Garnish with coriander leaves.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Braised Long Cabbage with Sweet Corn and Egg White Sauce
Baked Soy Bean Chicken
Golden Chef Australian Premium Wild Abalone with 4 Treasures
Golden Chef Auspicious Fortune Pot Chicken Stew
Razor Clams Vietnamese Spring Rolls
Baked Boneless Dang Gui Chicken with Wolfberries
Stir-fry Scallop Sauce Prawn with Broccoli
Glazed Scallop Meatballs
Braised Golden Bridge waxed meat ee mian
E-Fu Noodles with Braised Abalones and Broccoli
Braised Sea Cucumber, Scallops and Roast Pork Claypot
Healthier Laksa - Sourish & Spicy Assam Laksa
New Zealand Superior Wild Abalone Pasta in Red Wine Cream Sauce
Easy & Healthy Tiger Roar Pen Cai
Prawn Paste Fortune Bag With Golden Corn
Golden Chef South African Baby Abalone with Korean Rice Cake
Fortune Chinese Sausage Gua Bao
Treasure Sea Cucumber with Vegetables in Plum Sauce
Golden Chef Razor Clam Meat Patty