Hakka Abacus Seeds
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
cut into 2 cm cubes
|Pork Belly Marinade|
cut into bite-sized cubes
Fresh Black Fungus
cut into 3 cm strips
medium sized, diced
washed and chopped
Shao Xing Wine
Dark Soy Sauce
Chicken Stock Powder
How to cook
Marinate the pork belly
- Combine pork belly, corn flour, sesame oil, salt and white pepper in a bowl then set aside to marinate.
Prepare the yam dough
- Steam the yam for 25-30 minutes until very soft.
- Working quickly while still hot, mash the yam into a paste then mix in the tapioca flour and salt.
- Add the boiling water 1 tablespoon at a time and knead it until the dough comes together - add more water or flour if needed.
- The dough should not be sticky or have streaks of flour when it is ready.
Prepare the abacus
- Portion the yam dough into 5g pieces and roll them into balls.
- Make the signature indent by pressing the center of the ball with your thumb or index finger.
- Heat a pot of water over medium heat until boiling and prepare a cold water bath to cool the cooked abacus.
- Cook the abacus in boiling water until they float to top then cool them in the cold water bath to prevent the further cooking as we will still stir fry them.
- In a wok over medium heat, heat 3 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Pan fry the marinated pork belly until brown and crisp on both sides then set it aside.
- In the same pan fry onion, garlic and dried shrimp until the onion turns translucent and fragrant (about 45 seconds).
- Deglaze the pan with Shao Xing wine.
- Add the drained abacus and pork belly back into the pan and stir fry with dark soy sauce, soy sauce, pepper and oyster sauce.
- Remove from heat then add in bean sprouts, black fungus and spring onion - mix to combine, letting the residual heat wilt the vegetables.
- Garnish with additional spring onion, crispy shallot and chilli if desired.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Healthy Yu Sheng
Spicy Peanut Noodles
Mala Kou Shui Chicken
Lotus Mooncake Cookies
Air-Fried Tang Yuan
Chui kao shao cookies
Thai Style Prawn Paste
Black Black Ee Mian4.0 (1)
Golden Chef South African Baby Abalone with Korean Rice Cake
CNY Hotpot Dipping Sauce
Royal Fortune Stir Fried Ingot Rice
Abalone in Oyster Sauce E-fu
Chicken and Ham Roulade with Plum Sauce
Ah Ma’s Achar
Treasure Sea Cucumber with Vegetables in Plum Sauce
Roasted Prawns with Seaweed Butter
Braised Australian Baby Abalone in Red Yeast Sauce
Seafood Mala Xiang Guo
Seafood Pao Fan
Lion Head Fish Maw Soup