Har Cheong Gai
Mid-Joint Chicken Wings
Chinese Rice Wine
hua tiao jiu, optional
How to cook
Marinade the chicken wings
- Place the chicken wings in a bowl.
- Add in the fine shrimp sauce, Chinese rice wine, oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil and white pepper, then mix well.
- Transfer the coated chicken wings to a resealable plastic bag, seal and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 4 hours.
Prepare the batter
- Combine the plain flour, potato starch, baking powder, egg and water, then mix until the batter is smooth.
- Add the marinated chicken wings to the batter and mix well.
- Heat sufficient oil for deep-frying in a wok over medium heat.
- Add in the chicken wings and deep-fry until golden brown (keep the oil at 180°C while frying the wings).
- The chicken wings will start to float in 4-5 minutes when they are done.
- Remove the chicken wings from the oil, drain well and serve.
You may also like
Truffle Infused Baby Abalone Claypot Rice
Cantonese Roast Chicken Stuffed with Rice
Salted Egg Yolk Chee Cheong Fun
Kam Heong Prawns
Rice Cooker Laksa Fried Rice
Gooey Cheese Sticks
Salmon Belly Skewers
Dak-galbi (Korean Spicy Stir-Fried Chicken)
Abundant Claypot With Abalone Sauce
Salt Grilled Salmon Head & Collar
Salted Egg Prawns
Sea Asparagus with Liver Sausages
Spicy Chicken Chilli Oil Noodles
Golden Chicken Ingot
Rice Cooker “Claypot” Rice
Golden Spicy Scallops
Mala Xiang Guo
Australian Premium Wild Abalone With Pomfret
Crispy Duck Leg with Mandarin Orange
Seafood Pao Fan
Spicy Chicken Nuggets
Treasure Sea Cucumber with Vegetables in Plum Sauce