heads and shells reserved
Round Yellow Noodles
Fresh Thick Bee Hoon
soaked to soften
cut into 5cm lengths
Dark Soy Sauce
Light Soy Sauce
peeled & sliced
peeled & sliced
How to cook
- Rinse and peel prawns. Set prawns aside. Reserve shells and heads for use in stock.
- Heat in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and shallots and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add prawn heads and shells and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add boiling water, peppercorns, ikan bilis, rock sugar, fish sauce and pork bones.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and let simmer for 45 minutes.
- When ready strain stock and return to a boil.
- Poach the prawns and squid in stock until cooked and set aside
Prepare pork belly
- Blanch pork belly in a pot of boiling water with ginger.
- Drain and slice into small strips. Set aside.
- Stir-fry each portion of Hokkien noodles separately.
- Heat pork lard in a hot wok. Add a beaten egg and stir-fry quickly.
- Add a quarter each of the yellow noodles, thick bee hoon and thin bee hoon, and stir-fry again quickly to mix.
- Add a little dark soy sauce for colour.
- Push noodles to one side of the wok. On the other side of the wok, add light soy sauce and stir-fry minced garlic with a little more lard.
- Add a portion of squid, prawns, pork belly and sliced fish cake. Add stock and bean sprouts.
- Stir-fry with noodles and mix well.
- Cover the wok and leave to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add a little dark soy sauce for color if needed. Add a handful of chives and stir-fry to mix.
- Serve with sambal belacan and cut limes on the side.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
CNY Royal Umbrella Rice YuSheng
Braised Prawns, Crab Meat & E-Fu Noodles In Oyster Sauce
Fried Mee Tai Mak
E-Fu Noodles with Braised Abalones and Broccoli
Nonya Dry Mee Siam
Indian Style Mee Siam with Fresh Prawns
Baked Seafood Pasta Bag
Dry Laksa Udon with Tiger Prawns
Lotus Mooncake Cookies
Rice-Cooker Salt Baked Chicken
Broccoli, Sage & Cashew Pasta
Octopus Carpaccio with Kimchi Cream
Family Treasure Soup
Truffle Infused Baby Abalone Claypot Rice4.3 (3)
One-Pan Pasta with Canned Tomatoes5.0 (1)
Teriyaki Chicken Rice (Inspired by the Changi Airport)
Gold Bar Spring Roll
Beer Braised Chicken Nachos
Rice Cooker “Claypot” Rice