Honey & Nut Baklava
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
Filo Pastry Sheets
How to cook
- In a bowl, toss the chopped nuts and ground cinnamon evenly.
Prepare honey sauce
- In a saucepan, combine water, sugar, honey & vanilla extract.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the syrup cool.
Prepare baklava layers
- On the buttered pan, lay 2 sheets of filo pastry sheets (make sure to cut them to the pan’s size).
- Then, butter the top sheet evenly.
- Repeat this 4 more times until you have 8 layered sheets in total.
- Sprinkle the nut mixture on the pastry sheets.
- Then layer another 2 filo pastry sheets above and coat with butter.
- Repeat this once more.
- Use a sharp knife to cut your pastry into diamond shapes all the way to the bottom of the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Place the baking pan in the preheated oven and bake for about 50 minutes until the baklava is golden and crisp.
- Finally, remove the baklava from the oven and immediately scoop the honey sauce over it.
- Let it cool and it’s ready to serve!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Mini Fruit Tarts5.0 (3)
Naan Con Cubanos Fixin’
Alce Nero Strawberry Roll Cake
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Cashew & Almond Nut Cookies4.0 (1)
Sambal Goreng Tahu Tempe
Caramelised Apple Crumble
Chocolate Cup Fruit Cake
Kapitan Chicken Curry
Lotus Mooncake Cookies
Buttercup Curry Chicken
Nasi Kerabu with Ayam Percik
Honey Walnut Cake5.0 (1)
Honey Buih Thai Iced Tea
Chocolate Christmas Log Cake
Air Fryer Pineapple Jam
No Bake Peanut Butter & Rolled Oats Energy Balls
Honey Butter Baklava Crowns
Kellogg’s Corn Flakes Pitta Wonder