Impossible Mapo Tofu
Medium Firm Tofu
Spicy Bean Sauce
How to cook
Prepare the tofu
- Soak the tofu with salted water for 20 minutes.
- Rinse and pat dry the tofu with kitchen paper.
- Cut the tofu into small pieces and set aside.
Prepare the Szechuan pepper oil
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over medium heat then add in the Szechuan pepper and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Turn the heat off, pour out the Szechuan pepper oil and set it aside (discard the Szechuan pepper).
- Using the same frying pan over medium high heat, sauté minced garlic and minced ginger with 4 tablespoon of oil until fragrant.
- Add in the Impossible Meat and cook until brown.
- Add in spicy bean sauce and stir fry until fragrant.
- Mix in in rice wine and soy sauce.
- Add in water and bring it to a boil.
- Add in the diced tofu, cover and let it simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Prepare corn starch water by adding 2 tablespoon of corn starch to 4 tablespoon of water and mix well.
- Remove the lid, add in the corn starch water and cook until sauce is thickened.
- Transfer to a serving plate, pour the Szechuan pepper oil over the tofu then sprinkle with spring onion and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Japanese Silken Tofu
Braised South African Baby Abalone with Stuffed Onion
Steam-Fry Chicken & Prawn Dumplings
Sambal Goreng Tahu Tempe
Chawanmushi Tofu Crabmeat
Impossible Meat Lettuce Cups
Fried Tofu Omelette with Satay Beehoon Paste
Impossible Meat Patty
Caprese Mushrooms & Tofu Kebabs
Tofu Meat Balls
Fried Impossible Potstickers
Abundant Claypot With Abalone Sauce
Ho-Ho-Hot Luncheon Meat Fries
Crispy Fish Asparagus
Honey Garlic Meatball
Sea Asparagus with Liver Sausages
Australian Premium Wild Abalone With Pomfret
Golden Chicken Ingot
Gold Bar Spring Roll
Crispy Duck Leg with Mandarin Orange