Korean Corn Dogs (핫도그)
|1 1⁄4 tsp|
Vegetable oil for deep-frying
Cheddar Cheese Block (cut into 4cm width pieces)
Sausages (cut into 4cm width pieces)
Skewers (or wooden chopsticks)
Instant Ramen (crushed)
to coat the corn dogs, optional
Condiments like ketchup and mustard
How to cook
Prepare the dough
- Mix the instant yeast, sugar, and warm water well. Set aside for 10 mins or until it appears slightly foamy.
- Combine the bread flour and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add the instant yeast mixture to make the dough.
- Whisk all the ingredients until no lumps appear to get a moist dough.
- Cover the dough and leave it to proof in the fridge for 1 hour until double its original size.
Prepare the filling
- Cook the sausages partially in boiling water for up to 5 mins.
- Pat dry, then arrange with the cheddar cheese on skewers or wooden chopsticks.
Cook the corn dog
- Coat the skewered sausages and cheddar cheese in the proofed dough. If it gets too sticky, wet your palm so that moulding it into a corn dog shape is easier.
- Divide the panko breadcrumbs and instant ramen on a large baking pan.
- Press the toppings gently to help them stick onto the dough.
- Fry the corn dogs at 170°C for 5 mins until golden-brown. Do this in batches of two to ensure the temperature of the oil remains consistent.
- Remove the corn dogs from the oil with tongs when ready. Place them on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Roll them in sugar before drizzling ketchup and mustard, if you prefer! Serve warm.
- The filling is not limited to sausages or cheese. Fishcakes can even be used for an extra chewy texture!
You may also like
Kellogg’s Corn Flakes Makmur Cookies
Santa’s Little Sliders
Easy Numbers Cake
Pulut Hitam Panna Cotta
Fro-Yo Fruit Bites
Vegetarian Sweet & Sour Pork
Crispy Salmon Skin
Fruit & Vegetable Popsicles
Japanese Fruit Sandwich
Potato And Carrot Mash
Yule Ham Sandwich
Crepes With Caramelised Apples
Christmas Kuih Party
Pizza with Basilico Sauce
Zespri Kiwifruit Lollies
New Zealand Natural Ice Cream Cookies
One-Pan Mantou Pizza
Rice-Cooker Salt Baked Chicken
Truffle Cheese Prata (Waffle Style)
Scallops with Mango Puree Canape
The Original Pisang Keju