Kueh Dadar Crepe Cake
|“Gula Melaka & Cheese” Cream|
whipped to stiff peaks
How to cook
To make the coconut filling:
- Melt the gula melaka in a pan over medium-heat, stirring periodically to break down large chunks and prevent it from burning.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the filling in the pan and mix until the coconut is evenly coated and no white spots can be seen. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
To make the pandan crepe:
- In a bowl, add flour and make a hole in the center to crack in the eggs.
- Whisk the eggs, slowly pulling in the flour from the sides.
- Add the pandan water mix (pandan extract + 250 ml water), followed by the coconut water mix (coconut cream + 100 ml water). Do this gradually to prevent lumps.
- Mix well until the batter is smooth and slightly runnier than a pancake batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-low heat and rub 1 tsp of oil using a paper towel across the pan.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter onto the center of the pan and quickly swirl it in a clockwise motion covering the base of the pan to make a crepe about 14 – 15cm in diameter.
- Cook on one side for 30 seconds until the edges start to lift from the pan.
- Flip and cook the other side for 10 seconds, then place on a wire rack to cool. Repeat this process for the rest of the batter.
- Chill the crepes in the fridge for 10 – 15mins or until cool to touch.
To make the “gula melaka & cheese” cream:
- Melt gula melaka in a microwave on high for 1 min, and 30-second increments thereafter until melted. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese and black sugar together. Add melted gula melaka and mix again until smooth.
- Gently fold in whipped cream to the cream cheese-black sugar mixture until evenly combined and there are no white streaks left.
- Reserve ¼ cup of “gula melaka & cheese” cream for garnish.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to use.
- Start the layering with a crepe then evenly spreading 4 tbsp of "gula melaka & cheese" cream followed by sprinkling 1 – 2 tbsp of coconut filling.
- Repeat with remaining layers. Refrigerate for at least 30 – 45 mins until the layers have set. This prevents the layers from sliding and eases slicing.
- Garnish with reserved "gula melaka & cheese" cream and coconut shavings.
You may also like
Mug Date Cake
Chocolate Button Cookies
Sup Ekor (Oxtail Soup)
Black Pepper Mutton
Pineapple and Starfruit Prata Galette
Nasi Minyak and Sambal Prawns with Arabic Salad
Beef Rendang with Turmeric Rice
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Roti Jala with Chicken Curry
Honey Buih Thai Iced Tea
Ayam Lemak Chilli Padi
Homemade Laksa Noodles (Halal)
One Pot: Penang Prawn & Pineapple Curry
Healthy Nasi Lemak
Watermelon Air Katira
Ayam Goreng Kalasan
Pulut Hitam Panna Cotta