|For mee siam|
Mee Siam Paste
juice to taste
|For the garnish|
How to cook
Prepare the bee hoon
- Soak dry bee hoon in a pot of hot water until soft.
- Heat up bee hoon sambal with 75ml of water on medium heat till sambal dissolves for sambal mixture.
- Add soaked bee hoon to sambal mixture, stir fry for 2-3 mins in medium heat till dry.
Prepare the mee siam gravy
- Mix mee siam paste with 450ml of water in a pot and allow it to boil.
- Simmer for 2 mins. Do not cover pot.
Prepare egg garnishing
- In a bowl, beat 2 eggs and pour into hot frying pan and cook until it becomes a thin crepe.
- Once egg is fully cooked, remove from pan.
- Roll up egg crepe and slice thinly.
Prepare fried bean curd
- Deep fry bean curd till golden brown.
Assemble and serve
- Portion bee hoon, egg and bean curd into individual bowls.
- Stir mee siam gravy gently before pouring onto bee hoon.
- Add garnishes and serve with sambal chilli.
- Add lime juice to taste.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!