Mutton Korma with Saffron Rice
Mutton or Lamb Shoulder (cut into cubes)
FairPrice Asian Recipe Paste Mix – Chicken Curry
Chilli Powder (to preference)
Green Chillies (Sliced)
Salt to taste
FairPrice Natural Coconut Cream
FairPrice Pakistan Basmati Rice Briyani
Few strands of Saffron
soaked in 100ml hot water
Roasted Cashew Nuts (to preference)
Raisins (to preference)
How to cook
- Wash and strain 2 cups of FairPrice Pakistan Basmati Rice.
- Soak saffron in hot water and set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of coconut oil in a pan. Stir-fry ½ cup chopped onions on low heat until translucent.
- Add cloves, cardamoms, nutmeg powder and cinnamon stick. Stir-fry until fragrant.
- Mix in basmati rice. Coat the rice with spices.
- Transfer rice to a rice cooker. Add saffron water and chicken stock. Set rice to cook.
- Marinate mutton with grated ginger and FairPrice Asian Recipe Chicken Curry Paste Mix. Coat evenly and set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat 5 tablespoons of coconut oil in a deep pan. Stir-fry 1 cup of chopped onions on low heat until translucent.
- Add cloves, cardamoms, nutmeg powder, chilli powder and cinnamon stick. Stir-fry until fragrant.
- Next, add in marinated mutton and stir-fry until the meat starts to turn brown.
- Mix in plain yogurt and chicken stock. Bring to simmer and cover pan. Cook on low heat for 60 minutes or until mutton becomes tender.
- Once mutton is tender, stir in 200ml of FairPrice Natural Coconut Cream and add ½ cup chopped coriander. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Fluff cooked saffron rice. Mix in roasted cashew nuts and raisins.
- Serve mutton korma with saffron rice.