One-Pot-Meal Recipe: Chestnut Chicken Rice
skinned, deboned, cut into cubes
|1 1⁄2 cups|
Dried Shiitake Mushroom
soaked to soften, sliced thinly
Frozen Corn Kernel
Ground White Pepper
Chinese Cooking Wine
Light Soy Sauce
Dark Soy Sauce
How to cook
- Marinate chicken (skinned, deboned cut into cubes) with light and dark soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine and salt.
- Cover and leave for 30 minutes minimum or overnight in the fridge for maximum flavor.
- Steam chestnuts for 15-20 minutes until soft. Set aside.
- Wash and rinse the rice well. Set aside.
- In a wok or non-stick pan, heat oil and stir-fry sliced ginger until fragrant.
- Add chicken, mushrooms and corn kernel and stir-fry until three-quarters done. Do not overcook the chicken while in the wok.
- Add drained rice and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes until rice grains are dry and separate.
- Add salt and ground white paper to taste.
- Transfer all into rice cooker, place chestnuts on top and add fat-free chicken stock or water.
- Cook until rice and ingredients are done.
- Garnish with spring onion. Serve hot and enjoy the meal with your family!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Spaghetti with Salmon and Pesto Genovese
Fruitful Sweet Prawns
Mala Xiang Guo
Hot Smoked Salmon
Rice Cooker Laksa Fried Rice4.0 (2)
Wok-Fried Tangy Prawns with Sesame Soy Dressing
Baked Seafood Pasta Bag
Lotus Mooncake Cookies
Buddha Jump Over The Wall in Egg White Fortune Pouch
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Garlic Lemon Butter Salmon5.0 (2)
Salted Egg Prawns
Rice Cooker “Claypot” Rice
Treasure Sea Cucumber with Vegetables in Plum Sauce
Beer Braised Chicken Nachos
Salted Egg Pork Roulade
Braised Australian Baby Abalone in Red Yeast Sauce
Family Treasure Soup
Sweet & Sour Christmas Bells
New Zealand Superior Wild Abalone Pasta in Red Wine Cream Sauce
Teriyaki Chicken Rice (Inspired by the Changi Airport)
Grilled Striploin Steak with Garlic Butter Mushroom
Steamed Egg with Pork and Salted Vegetables