One-Pot-Meal Recipe: Chestnut Chicken Rice
·Rate this recipe
skinned, deboned, cut into cubes
|1 1⁄2 cups|
Dried Shiitake Mushroom
soaked to soften, sliced thinly
Frozen Corn Kernel
Ground White Pepper
Chinese Cooking Wine
Light Soy Sauce
Dark Soy Sauce
How to cook
- Marinate chicken (skinned, deboned cut into cubes) with light and dark soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine and salt.
- Cover and leave for 30 minutes minimum or overnight in the fridge for maximum flavor.
- Steam chestnuts for 15-20 minutes until soft. Set aside.
- Wash and rinse the rice well. Set aside.
- In a wok or non-stick pan, heat oil and stir-fry sliced ginger until fragrant.
- Add chicken, mushrooms and corn kernel and stir-fry until three-quarters done. Do not overcook the chicken while in the wok.
- Add drained rice and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes until rice grains are dry and separate.
- Add salt and ground white paper to taste.
- Transfer all into rice cooker, place chestnuts on top and add fat-free chicken stock or water.
- Cook until rice and ingredients are done.
- Garnish with spring onion. Serve hot and enjoy the meal with your family!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Beer Braised Chicken Nachos
Salted Egg Pork Roulade
Family Treasure Soup
Buddha Jump Over The Wall in Egg White Fortune Pouch
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Hot Smoked Salmon
Truffle Infused Baby Abalone Claypot Rice4.3 (3)
Wok-Fried Tangy Prawns with Sesame Soy Dressing
Indian Style Mee Siam with Fresh Prawns
Roasted Prawns with Seaweed Butter
Herbal Bak Kut Teh5.0 (2)
One-Pan Pasta with Canned Tomatoes5.0 (1)
Steamed Egg with Pork and Salted Vegetables
Dumpling Fried Rice
Teriyaki Chicken Rice (Inspired by the Changi Airport)
Mala Xiang Guo
Rice-Cooker Salt Baked Chicken
Broccoli, Sage & Cashew Pasta
Sweet Potato Abacus Seed Aglio Olio