sliced into thin semicircles
How to cook
Prepare cake mixture
- In two separate bowls, split the eggs into yolks and whites.
- Using a stand mixer, whisk the egg whites. Gradually add the caster sugar in three parts until stiff peaks are formed.
- Add the cooking oil, milk, and vanilla extract to the egg yolk bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites and fold until combined.
- Once done, add in the salt, sifted cake flour and cornstarch.
- Fold the mixture until there are no lumps of flour.
- In a rice cooker, brush the base and sides thoroughly with oil. Coat the sides with flour for extra non-stick capability.
- Pour in the mixture. Tap the pot lightly onto the table to remove air bubbles in the batter.
- Cook in the rice cooker on the “cake” setting (approximately 50 mins).
- Use a toothpick to poke the cake and ensure that it comes out clean.
- Once cooled, top the cake with peach slices and almond slices. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Black Forest 'Cake'
Brown Sugar Huat Kueh
Coconut Bundt Cake With Dark Chocolate Ganache
Matcha Gateau Au Choc
Easy Numbers Cake
Peach Gum Dessert
No-Bake Jelly Cake
Peach Gum Jellies
Lemon Cardamom Cake
Christmas Vanilla Cake
Grilled Pound Cake French Toast with Smoked Maple Syrup
Cake in a Jar5.0 (2)
Mug Date Cake
Orange Passover Cake3.0 (2)
Merry Christmas Log Cake
Fruit Crystal Dumplings
Mango Coconut Ice Cream Cake5.0 (1)
No-Bake Taro Tofu Cake