Pierogi with Potato Fillings
Light Sour Cream
How to cook
- Mix the flour, salt and egg. Continue mixing with butter and yogurt until the dough becomes a slightly rough, sticky ball.
- Knead and fold the dough without adding flour until it is less sticky, yet retains some moisture.
- Cover in cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Boil the skinned and cubed potato until soft. Mash cheese and yogurt into the potato, then season with salt and black pepper.
- Slice the shallots thinly and fry them in some canola oil. Set aside.
- Roll and flatten the dough into thin sheets, then use a 5cm wide and round cutter to cut into circles.
- Place 1 ½ teaspoon of the filling on each dough circle.
- Gently fold over to pinch before sealing with a fork.
- Boil the pierogi. Remove from the water once it floats to the surface, then pat dry and pan fry until golden brown.
- Garnish with fried shallots, red chillies and spring onions.
- Serve with some light sour cream on the side!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Stir Fry Endives with Fish Cake
Mullet Fillet Teriyaki
Stir Fry Chye Sim with Mushroom
Stir Fry Kailan with Crispy Pork
Pan Seared Australian Beef Denver Steak with Tomato Herb Cream Sauce
Roasted Salmon and Vegetables with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Steam-Fry Chicken & Prawn Dumplings
Steak with a Peppery Mushroom sauce
Beef Steak With Reduced Balsamic Sauce
Spaghetti with Salmon and Pesto Genovese
Braised Australian Beef Oxtail with Tomato
Abundant Claypot With Abalone Sauce
Marinated Chicken with Black Fungus
Clam Chowder Bread Bowl
Sunxion Grilled Oysters with Garlic Butter
Stir-Fried Spring Onion Ginger Fish with Fragrant Sesame Oil
Pizza with Fresh Vegetables
Kam Heong Prawns