Pineapple and Starfruit Prata Galette
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
beaten, for glazing
|For Frangipane Filling|
Light Brown Sugar
drained with the syrup reserved
How to cook
Prepare prata sheets
- Dust some flour on the baking paper and lay the Prata sheet.
- Dock it with a fork.
Prepare pumpkin seeds & sugar
- Chop the pumpkin seeds.
- And mix it with sugar and set it aside.
Prepare frangipane filling
- Beat the butter and sugar together until it becomes pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg and whisk again, then fold in the ground almonds to make a paste.
Prepare starfruit & pineapple
- Cut the starfruit if you’re using it into thin slices and remove the seeds.
- Put lemon juice, icing sugar & corn flour in a bowl. Combine well.
- Add in starfruit, pineapple slices and grated nutmeg. Mix well.
- The corn flour should be fully dissolved and the fruits thoroughly coated in the mixture.
- Smooth the frangipane filling over the middle of the pastry with a spatula, leaving a 3cm border around the edges.
- Arrange the fruits over the top in a circular pattern.
- Fold in the edges of the Prata pastry to overlap with the fruits slightly.
- Brush with the beaten egg.
- Sprinkle the edges with sugar & pumpkin seeds.
- Bake at 180°C for 30-40 mins until the pastry turns a golden colour.
- Remove from the oven to cool down slightly at room temperature.
- Heat the reserved syrup from the canned pineapple slices in the microwave for a few seconds, or in a small pan until warm and runny.
- Glaze with warm reserved syrup. Cut a slice & enjoy!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Ayam Masak Merah Kerisik
Date Energy Ball
Truffle Cheese Prata (Waffle Style)
One Pot: Penang Prawn & Pineapple Curry
Sambal Belacan with Mixed Vegetables
Bubur Candil (Sweet Tapioca Balls in Coconut Cream Sauce)
Kellogg’s Lace Nibbles
Mug Date Cake
Sup Ekor (Oxtail Soup)
Nasi Minyak and Sambal Prawns with Arabic Salad
Singapore-Style Chilli Tiger Prawns and Mussels
Sotong Masak Hitam
Kellogg’s Corn Flakes Pitta Wonder
Kueh Dadar Crepe Cake
Chicken Rendang with Potatoes
The Original Pisang Keju