Red Velvet Chocolate Chip & Macadamia Cookies
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
softened to room temperature
White Chocolate Chips
Liquid Red Food Colouring
How to cook
Prepare flour mixture
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder and baking soda, set aside.
Prepare cookie mixture
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream together butter (should be softened to room temperature first), granulated sugar and brown sugar until combined.
- Mix in egg. Add in red food colouring, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Add flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Mix in chopped macadamia and 200g white chocolate chips (set aside the remaining 50g to use after baking).
- Cover bowl and chill dough for 1 hour or until dough are nearly firm.
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC near the end of dough chilling.
- Scoop 25g of dough out and shape into balls and place onto a large baking tray with parchment paper with spacing 2-inches apart.
- Bake one sheet at a time (keep remaining dough chilled and repeat process), until cookies appear set on the edges but slightly under-baked in the center, about 10-11 minutes.
- Melt the remaining 50g of white chocolate chips and place it in a piping bag.
- Remove cookies from the oven and drizzle the top with the melted white chocolate chips.
- Let cool on a baking sheet for 5 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!