Roasted Capsicum Paneer Masala with Basmati Rice
Salt to taste
How to cook
- Chop the onion finely.
- lend tomatoes into a puree (or use canned tomato puree).
- Roughly dice the red capsicum.
- Crush garlic and ginger with pestle and mortar, or blend ingredients together to form a fine paste.
- Add half of the oil and butter to the pan and turn on the heat.
- Once the pan is hot enough, fry the garlic-ginger paste till fragrant.
- In a separate pan, add onion and cashew nuts and sauté until they turn golden brown.
- Blend the fried onions and cashews to form a fine paste before adding the paste back to the pan.
- Add in the tomato puree. On a low heat, simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the spices and add salt to taste. Simmer gently for another 2-3 minutes.
- In another pan, add the remaining half of the oil and butter. Once it’s hot, roast the red capsicum.
- Transfer the roasted capsicums to the first pan and add vegetable stock and 1 tbsp of tomato puree. Simmer the gravy on a low heat for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato ketchup and mix well.
- Cut up Paneer into smaller pieces.
- Garnish with Paneer and serve with cooked Basmati Rice.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Hot Smoked Salmon
Steak with a Peppery Mushroom sauce
Rose-Flavoured Glutinous Rice Balls
Dry Laksa Udon with Tiger Prawns
Black Pepper Mutton
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
Teriyaki Chicken Rice (Inspired by the Changi Airport)
Indian Style Mee Siam with Fresh Prawns
Rice-Cooker Salt Baked Chicken
Chicken Capsicum Rice Bowl
Scrambled Eggs with Crispy Basil Chicken
Chicken and Ham Roulade with Plum Sauce
Wok-fried Mee Sua with Tiger Prawns
Roasted Prawns with Seaweed Butter
Seafood Hor Fun
Chicken Brown Rice
Seafood Pao Fan
Rice Cooker Laksa Fried Rice4.0 (2)
Sweet & Sour Christmas Bells
Roast Beef Sliders4.0 (1)
Crispy Baked Salmon with Tartar Sauce
Crispy Noodles with Silky Seafood Sauce
Rice Cooker “Claypot” Rice