Roasted Prawns with Seaweed Butter
How to cook
Prepare seaweed butter
- Combine soy sauce & black sugar in a bowl and microwave on high for 15 secs. Meanwhile, roughly chop seaweed into small pieces of about 0.5cm or so.
- Add chopped seaweed and salted butter into the bowl of soy sauce and sugar.
- Mix until there are no streaks of butter left in the mixture, then set aside.
- Butterfly cut the topside of the prawn body just after the head all the way to the tail without cutting through the other side, as you would do to a hot dog bun.
- Toss to coat in seaweed butter mixture and season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Spread the prawns open & place the prawn shell side down onto a tray.
- Place tray on top oven rack and roast the prawns until pink and opaque.
- Alternatively, you can use a pan over medium-high heat, place the prawn shell side down, and cook for about 2-3 mins covered and 1 min uncovered until cooked.
- Remove prawns from the oven and put some butter over them, letting the heat melt them.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
5 Element of Paradise: Pineapple Prawn. Broccoli Prosperity. Lucky Tiger Fish. Chap Chye of Joy. Bowl of Wellness.
Braised Prawns, Crab Meat & E-Fu Noodles In Oyster Sauce
Sweet and Sour Prawns with Assorted Fruits
Spicy Salmon Bibimbap
Wheatgrass Cashew Soba
Braised Sea Cucumber, Scallops and Roast Pork Claypot
Grilled Striploin Steak with Garlic Butter Mushroom5.0 (1)
Roasted Salmon and Vegetables with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Salted Egg Yolk Seafood Boil
Prawn and Egg Fried Rice
Butter Garlic Prawn Tang Hoon
Baby Tiger Omurice Bento
Garlic Lemon Butter Salmon
Seafood Hor Fun
Cantonese Roast Chicken Stuffed with Rice
Kee Song Pan Seared Cajun Butter Chicken Thighs
Wok-Fried Tangy Prawns with Sesame Soy Dressing
The Better Fish® Spicy Barramundi with Avocado and Corn Salsa
Roasted Capsicum Paneer Masala with Basmati Rice