Roasted Prawns with Seaweed Butter
How to cook
Prepare seaweed butter
- Combine soy sauce & black sugar in a bowl and microwave on high for 15 secs. Meanwhile, roughly chop seaweed into small pieces of about 0.5cm or so.
- Add chopped seaweed and salted butter into the bowl of soy sauce and sugar.
- Mix until there are no streaks of butter left in the mixture, then set aside.
- Butterfly cut the topside of the prawn body just after the head all the way to the tail without cutting through the other side, as you would do to a hot dog bun.
- Toss to coat in seaweed butter mixture and season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Spread the prawns open & place the prawn shell side down onto a tray.
- Place tray on top oven rack and roast the prawns until pink and opaque.
- Alternatively, you can use a pan over medium-high heat, place the prawn shell side down, and cook for about 2-3 mins covered and 1 min uncovered until cooked.
- Remove prawns from the oven and put some butter over them, letting the heat melt them.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve immediately.
You may also like
Xi’an Spiced Chicken with Fragrant Rice
Steak with a Peppery Mushroom sauce
Scrambled Eggs with Crispy Basil Chicken
Spaghetti with Salmon and Pesto Genovese
Prosperity Fish Hor Fun with Fragrant Oil
Happiee K-Bagel Fishiee Patty Burger with Kimchi Slaw
Dry Laksa Udon with Tiger Prawns
Indian Style Mee Siam with Fresh Prawns
Garlic Lemon Butter Salmon
Sustenir Pasta Salad with Lemon Pesto Dressing
Chicken Fried Rice with XO Sauce
One-Pan Pasta with Canned Tomatoes
Wok-fried Mee Sua with Tiger Prawns
Ban Choon Roasted Butternut Sage Pasta
Roasted Salmon and Vegetables with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Grilled Striploin Steak with Garlic Butter Mushroom
Spaghetti Chili Garlic
Braised Prawns, Crab Meat & E-Fu Noodles In Oyster Sauce
Octopus Carpaccio with Kimchi Cream
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Crispy Noodles with Silky Seafood Sauce
Roast Beef Sliders
Chicken Karaage with Rice
Stir-Fry Basil Pork with Rice & Egg