Roti Jala with Chicken Curry
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
|For the pandan juice|
|For the roti jala|
|For the chicken curry|
cut into 8 pcs
cut into cubes
Light Coconut Cream
How to cook
Prepare the pandan juice
- Mix pandan leaves with 100ml water, blend and strain to make pandan juice.
Prepare the roti jala
- Mix all ingredients together with pandan juice and whisk well. Strain mixture to ensure smooth batter.
- Pour mixture into squeeze bottle, and brush pan with cooking oil.
- Ensure pan is hot and drizzle mixture in a circular motion to form a lacey crepe.
- Remove from pan once mixture is cooked, and roll into rolls. Set aside to cool.
Prepare the chicken curry
- In a bowl, add 5 tbsp water to curry powder, ground cumin, ground coriander and chilli powder to make the curry paste.
- Heat up oil in pot to fry garlic, ginger, onions and curry leaves till fragrant.
- Add curry paste into pot and continue to fry till fragrant. Add chicken and tomatoes and mix well.
- Add 150ml-200ml water according to desired consistency and coconut cream along with potatoes.
- Allow to simmer on low heat until chicken and potatoes are tender. Season with salt to taste before serving.
- Serve chicken curry hot as a dip for the roti jala.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!