Roti Jala with Chicken Curry
|For the pandan juice|
|For the roti jala|
|For the chicken curry|
cut into 8 pcs
cut into cubes
Light Coconut Cream
How to cook
Prepare the pandan juice
- Mix pandan leaves with 100ml water, blend and strain to make pandan juice.
Prepare the roti jala
- Mix all ingredients together with pandan juice and whisk well. Strain mixture to ensure smooth batter.
- Pour mixture into squeeze bottle, and brush pan with cooking oil.
- Ensure pan is hot and drizzle mixture in a circular motion to form a lacey crepe.
- Remove from pan once mixture is cooked, and roll into rolls. Set aside to cool.
Prepare the chicken curry
- In a bowl, add 5 tbsp water to curry powder, ground cumin, ground coriander and chilli powder to make the curry paste.
- Heat up oil in pot to fry garlic, ginger, onions and curry leaves till fragrant.
- Add curry paste into pot and continue to fry till fragrant. Add chicken and tomatoes and mix well.
- Add 150ml-200ml water according to desired consistency and coconut cream along with potatoes.
- Allow to simmer on low heat until chicken and potatoes are tender. Season with salt to taste before serving.
- Serve chicken curry hot as a dip for the roti jala.
You may also like
Kapitan Chicken Curry
Chicken Rendang with Potatoes
Nasi Minyak and Sambal Prawns with Arabic Salad
One Pot: Penang Prawn & Pineapple Curry
Mini Chicken Satay (Inspired by the Singapore Flyer)
Roti Jala with Pengat Durian
Beef Rendang with Turmeric Rice
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Chocolate Button Cookies
Homemade Laksa Noodles (Halal)
Sup Ekor (Oxtail Soup)
Kueh Dadar Crepe Cake
Watermelon Air Katira
Healthy Nasi Lemak
Mug Date Cake
Iga Penyet (Fried Beef Ribs)
Honey Buih Thai Iced Tea
Pineapple and Starfruit Prata Galette