Salted Egg Yolk Chee Cheong Fun
|Chee Cheong Fun Skin|
dim sum flour
frozen sotong dough fritters
Spring onions (garnish)
|Salted Egg Yolk Sauce|
salted egg yolks
How to cook
Prepare the Chee Cheong Fun skin
- In a bowl, add in the rice flour, dim sum flour, tapioca starch and water.
- Mix well and set aside.
Prepare the salted egg yolk sauce
- In a small bowl, steam salted egg yolks for 5 minutes. Cool and crumble into finer pieces.
- In a pot, heat up the butter, crushed salted egg yolks, milk, sugar, chilli padi and curry leaves. Mix until well combined.
- Slowly simmer till sauce slightly thickens. Let it cool and sieve. Set aside.
Prepare the sotong dough fritters
- In an air fryer, air fry the sotong dough fritters as per the cooking instructions on the package.
- Cut the dough fritters into quarters and set aside to cool.
Cook the Chee Cheong Fun skin
- Fill the rice cooker vessel with water and turn on ‘steam’ function.
- Once the water reaches a gentle simmer, lay the soaked muslin cloth on a metal pan.
- Add 1 to 2 cups of the flour mixture onto the muslin cloth until it forms a thin layer.
- Place the metal pan in the rice cooker, close the lid and steam for 2 minutes.
- Remove the Chee Cheong Fun skin and the muslin cloth from the rice cooker and let it cool for 30sec to 1min.
Assemble and serve
- Lightly brush a layer of sesame oil in the middle of the Chee Cheong Fun skin.
- Lay the dough fritters quarters and chicken floss on the Chee Cheong Fun.
- Use a bench scrapper to roll the dough away from you while pulling the cloth towards you.
- Cut the Chee Cheong Fun into bite-sized pieces.
- Plate and drizzle the salted egg yolk sauce over it. Top with chicken floss and spring onions.
You may also like
Rice-Cooker Salt Baked Chicken
Har Cheong Gai
Steamed Egg with Pork and Salted Vegetables
Salted Egg Yolk Seafood Boil
Salted Egg Prawns
Salted Egg Pork Roulade
Salted Egg Yolk Chicken Wrap
Kam Heong Prawns
Soft Shell Crab Salted Eggs Benedict
Seafood Hor Fun
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Buddha Jump Over The Wall in Egg White Fortune Pouch
Homemade Egg Noodles
Scrambled Eggs with Crispy Basil Chicken
Stir-Fry Basil Pork with Rice & Egg
Quick Thai Breakfast Pan Eggs
Bacon-Wrapped Egg Toasties
Prosperity Fish Hor Fun with Fragrant Oil
Crispy Skin Pan Seared Salmon
Teriyaki Chicken Rice (Inspired by the Changi Airport)
Treasure Sea Cucumber with Vegetables in Plum Sauce
Truffle Infused Baby Abalone Claypot Rice
Fruitful Sweet Prawns