Salted Egg Yolk Seafood Boil
Salted Egg Yolks
or chilli padi
How to cook
Prepare salted eggs
- Boil salted eggs until fully cooked.
- Remove yolks from the egg white and smash them into a paste-like texture before setting it aside to cool.
Steam corn & sausages
- Chop the cobs of corn into pieces and put in a steamer for 30 mins along with the cocktail sausages.
Cook clams & prawns
- Boil clams in salt water until they are all fully open.
- Discard unopened clams and set aside the open, cooked clams.
- Cook prawns till almost cooked and set aside.
- Melt butter and stir fry salted egg yolk paste, red chillies or chilli padi and garlic till fragrant.
- Add the evaporated milk and curry leaves and stir till the sauce is thickened. Add sugar to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Pour sauce over the clams, cocktail sausages, corn and prawns thoroughly before placing it in the oven to bake for 10 mins.
- Add the chopped spring onions and black pepper. Serve the seafood boil warm!
You may also like
Quick Seabass Miso Ochazuke
One-Pan Pasta with Canned Tomatoes
Crispy Baked Salmon with Tartar Sauce
Stir-Fry Basil Pork with Rice & Egg
Pineapple Fried Rice
Salted Egg Pork Roulade
Ban Choon Roasted Butternut Sage Pasta
Spicy Salmon Bibimbap
Chicken Karaage Bento (Inspired by the Singa Lion)
Creamy Seafood Pasta
Seafood Mala Xiang Guo
Spaghetti with Salmon and Pesto Genovese
Baked Seafood Pasta Bag
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
Ban Choon Tomato Basil Pesto Pasta
Chef Siti Pasta Rempah
Grilled Striploin Steak with Garlic Butter Mushroom
Broccoli, Sage & Cashew Pasta
Seafood Hor Fun
Seafood Pao Fan