Salted Gula Melaka Chocolate Chip Cookies
Fine granulated sugar
Gula Melaka, finely grated
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Sea salt flakes for sprinkling
How to cook
- In a large mixing bowl, add granulated sugar, Gula Melaka, softened butter, egg and vanilla essence.
- Beat with a mixer until smooth and thoroughly combined. Small chunks of Gula Melaka might be visible.
- Add flour, baking soda and sea salt. Stir and fold to mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips until it spreads evenly in the batter.
- Refrigerate batter for about 20 mins.
- Heat oven to 190°C and line baking tray with baking paper.
- Once the batter has chilled, remove it from the fridge.
- Use two regular teaspoons to scoop up some batter to form balls of dough ~ 1 teaspoon in size.
- Place balls of the cookie dough 5 cm apart on baking sheet to allow for spreading.
- Sprinkle some sea salt flakes on top of each cookie.
- Bake for approximately 8 – 10 mins.
- Once baked, rest cookies on the baking sheet for 5 mins before removing and transferring to a cooling rack to cool.
You may also like
Multigrain Fruity Cookies
Giant Oatmeal Cookies
Salted Egg Yolk Cookies
Kellogg’s Corn Flakes Makmur Cookies
Dragon Fruit Potato Chips
Chocolate Molten Lava
Berry Christmas Cookies
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Tartlets
Red Velvet Chocolate Chip & Macadamia Cookies
Ginger Crunchy Cookies
Almond Cookies using Airfryer
Chocolate Chip Bread
Chocolate Christmas Log Cake
Chocolate Cup Fruit Cake
Lotus Mooncake Cookies
Pandan Gula Melaka Cake
Chocolate Button Cookies
Cashew & Almond Nut Cookies
Caramelised Apple Crumble
Mini Peach Rose Tarts
Galaxy Lemonade Soda
Easy Homemade Granola