Sambal Belacan with Mixed Vegetables
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
Red Chillies (deseeded)
Gula Melaka (chopped finely)
FairPrice Canola Oil
Kaffir Lime Leaves
Lemongrass (with the bottom part crushed)
Galangal (sliced thinly)
Belacan (or tamarind paste, mixed with 2 tbsp of water, reserve the water)
PASAR Long Beans (cut into 2cm lengths)
Top Taste Baby Okra (cut into 2cm lengths)
Eggplant (cut into 4cm x 1cm lengths)
Petai (or stinky beans, halved)
Salt and white pepper, to taste
FairPrice Canola Oil, for cooking
How to cook
Prepare the sambal paste and aromatics
- Blend the ingredients for the sambal paste all together in a food processor. Set aside.
- Pour a tablespoon of canola oil into a wok on high heat. Sauté the galangal, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves until they emit a strong fragrance.
- Add the sambal paste and cook until it dries up and there is visible oil separation. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of canola oil into the hot wok. Fry the eggplant until lightly browned on all sides, and set aside.
Stir fry the vegetables with the aromatic sambal paste and serve!
- Sauté the garlic, shallots and tamarind paste with another tablespoon of canola oil until it emits a fragrant aroma. Add the sambal paste and cook it for another one to two minutes on medium heat. Set aside.
- Add the long beans and fry for a minute with another tablespoon of canola oil or oil from the sambal paste.
- Add the baby okra and continue frying for another minute.
- Add the cooked eggplant and continue frying for 30 secs.
- Add the petai and allow it to cook for another 30 secs. Add the sambal paste and tamarind water and fry for another one to two minutes. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with warm white rice!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Baked Boneless Dang Gui Chicken with Wolfberries
Mini Chicken Satay (Inspired by the Singapore Flyer)
Simply Cook Vegetable Kit – ABC Soup5.0 (1)
Love Bug Pie
Chicken Rendang with Potatoes
Prawn Paste Fortune Bag With Golden Corn
Iga Penyet (Fried Beef Ribs)
Prawn Paste Mushrooms & Shabu Rolls
Baked Pesto Chicken with Quinoa Veg
Nonya Dry Mee Siam
Sustenir Wonton Spinach Noodles Soup
Apple Chicken Salad with Kale Pesto Pasta
Thai Style Prawn Paste
Kapitan Chicken Curry
Braised Stuffed Shiitake Mushrooms with Greens
Kam Heong Prawns
Steamed Egg with Pork and Salted Vegetables
Ah Ma’s Achar