Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Canned Palm Hearts
How to cook
- Remove the lemon's peel and add it along with 4 cups of water, 1 tbsp salt, chili flakes and peppercorns to a medium sized pot over high heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Reserve the remaining lemon.
- Peel and devein the shrimp and add to the pot of seasoned water, along with the juice of the reserved lemon.
- Cook shrimp until they turn pink, about 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the shrimp and plunge into a bowl of iced water to halt cooking. Once the shrimp are thoroughly cooled, drain and reserve in a large bowl.
- Slice the palm hearts into rounds, thinly slice the onion. Reserve.
- Halve the avocado, remove the seed, and spoon out chunked pieces into a small prep bowl.
- In a small bowl, squeeze the juice of 1 lime and add the olive oil along with 1.5 tsp of smoked paprika. Stir with a spoon until thoroughly combined.
- Roughly chop the cilantro and combine with the reserved palm hearts and onion. Add this combination along with the dressing to the reserved shrimp. Season with a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Plate the shrimp salad on a platter or in bowl.
- Top with reserved avocado pieces.
- Garnish with cilantro, black pepper & a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil if desired.
You may also like
Seared Salmon with Rainbow Salad
Sustenir Kale Pesto, Potato and Green Bean Salad
Superfood Quinoa Salad
Thai Green Papaya Salad (Som Tum)
Go Nuts on Immunity Pasta Salad
Chicken Broccoli Salad
Sustenir Easy Arugula Salad
Merry Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
Sardinian Gnocchetti Salad
Chicken Salad Spread
Sweet Glutinous Rice Balls
Quick Whole Wheat Wraps
Galaxy Lemonade Soda
Fro-Yo Fruit Bites
Pan-fried Minced Meat with Water Chestnut Patties
Christmas Surprise Cookie Bites
Sweet Potato Puree
Roasted Pumpkin Seed Brussels Sprouts
Maitake Mushroom Wholemeal Breakfast Wraps
Ho-Ho-Hot Luncheon Meat Fries
Mango Sago with Pomelo
Rice-Cooker Braised Chicken