Soy Sauce Braised Chicken
you can also use thighs
Dark Soy Sauce
Ground White Pepper
How to cook
Prepare the chicken
- Marinate the chicken with the dark soy sauce overnight or for at least 30 minutes.
- Sauté garlic, onion & ginger for about 3 minutes.
- Deglaze with both mirin and/or rice wine.
- Add all the seasonings except for the sugar.
- Add chicken & marinade into the pan.
- Bring to a simmer. Turn heat down to low then cover with lid & braise for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid, add sugar & simmer until sauce thickens (no need to add corn starch or flour slurry!)
Assemble and serve
- Serve with hot rice, steamed vegetables & sambal belachan!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Braised South African Baby Abalone with Stuffed Onion
Braised chicken wings with ginger and sesame oil
Crispy Noodles with Silky Seafood Sauce
Braised abalone with scallops, mushrooms and broccoli
Abundant Claypot With Abalone Sauce
Nai Nai Braised Pork
Fragrant Rose Wine Chicken
CNY Royal Umbrella Rice YuSheng
Braised Herbal Chicken with Huiji Waist Tonic
Baked Soy Bean Chicken
Braised mushrooms abalone
Braised Golden Bridge waxed meat ee mian
Crispy Chicken with Auspicious Mandarin Orange & Ginger Scallion Sauce
Braised Chinese Mushrooms abalone chestnut fish maw in Oyster sauce
Mala Braised Duck
Braised Australian Baby Abalone in Red Yeast Sauce
Baked Chicken Winglets with Abalone And Broccoli
Braised Sea Cucumber, Scallops and Roast Pork Claypot
Cantonese Roast Chicken Stuffed with Rice