Steak with a Peppery Mushroom sauce
Fresh Flat-leaf Parsley
a few sprigs
How to cook
- Wipe clean and roughly slice all the mushrooms, then peel and finely slice the garlic.
- Heat a splash of oil in a large frying pan on high heat, add the mushrooms and fry for 3 minutes, or until golden.
- Add the garlic, crushed peppercorns and a pinch of sea salt, then cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour over the brandy (if using), and fry for 1 minute, or until the liquid has cooked away, then turn the pan off and set aside.
- Place a clean frying pan on high heat to get screaming hot.
- Drizzle the steaks with a little oil, and season well with salt and black pepper, then rub all over.
- Place the steaks into the hot pan and cook to your liking: 1-2 minutes on each side for medium rare, 2-3 minutes for medium and 4 minutes for well done.
- Meanwhile, pick and roughly chop the parsley.
- Once cooked, remove the steaks to a warm plate to rest.
- Turn the pan down to low, add the creme fraiche, a splash of water and the parsley and mushrooms.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring well to mix through all the lovely meat juices.
- Serve the steak drizzled with peppery mushroom sauce and the sides of your choice.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Seared Australian Beef Tenderloin Steaks
Seared Chuck Tender Steak with Mushroom Sauce
Braised Australian Beef Shin Shank with Mushroom & Onion
Crispy Noodles with Silky Seafood Sauce
Beef Steak With Reduced Balsamic Sauce
Smokey Cajun Rubbed Australian Beef Striploin Steaks
Golden Pearls In A Nest
Slow Cooked Australian Beef Brisket with BBQ Sauce
CNY Hotpot Dipping Sauce
Pizza with Basilico Sauce
Treasure Sea Cucumber with Vegetables in Plum Sauce
Braised Sea Cucumber and Mushroom
Baked Beans Scramble Eggs with Fresh Mushrooms
Crispy Baked Salmon with Tartar Sauce
Pan Seared Australian Beef Flank Steak with Rendang Sauce
Abundant Claypot With Abalone Sauce
Pan Seared Australian Beef Flank Steak with Pineapple BBQ Sauce
Steamed Garlic Butter Prawns with Vermicelli
Crispy Chicken with Auspicious Mandarin Orange & Ginger Scallion Sauce
Pan Seared Australian Beef Denver Steak with Tomato Herb Cream Sauce