Steamed Egg with Pork and Salted Vegetables
both the green and white stem chopped
Shao Xing Chinese Cooking Wine
How to cook
- Marinate the pork mince with Chinese cooking wine and soy sauce.
- Mix thoroughly with the spring onions, shallots, salted vegetables, garlic and white pepper.
- Whisk the chicken broth and eggs together.
- Strain the egg mixture through a sieve to remove air bubbles and into a ceramic bowl that can be used for steaming food.
- Wrap the bowl in cling film and steam for approximately 15 mins.
- When the egg mixture has set, gently add the minced pork mixture on top of the custard-like egg mixture.
- Cover the bowl and steam for an additional 5 minutes, or until the pork mince mixture is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from heat and garnish with the chopped coriander leaves and stems before serving!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Homemade Egg Noodles
Braised Pork Belly
Steam-Fry Chicken & Prawn Dumplings
Singapore-Style Chilli Tiger Prawns and Mussels
Braised Sea Cucumber, Scallops and Roast Pork Claypot
Stir Fry Kailan with Crispy Pork
Crispy Luncheon Meat with Egg Floss
Chinese Yam (Taro) and Pork Congee
Korean Egg Roll
Pan-fried Pork Chops
Vegetarian Sweet & Sour Pork
Braised chicken wings with ginger and sesame oil
Braised Long Cabbage with Sweet Corn and Egg White Sauce
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Prawn and Egg Fried Rice
8 Treasure Seafood Platter
Poached Chicken with Ginger and Spring Onion Sauce
Snoopy Vegetables Curry Rice
Korean Steamed Eggs