Steamed Pork Ribs with Salted Plum
·Rate this recipe
Shao Xing Cooking Wine
Light Soy Sauce
Pickled Salted Plums
Salted Plum Liquid
from the bottle of pickled salted plums
Fermented Bean Paste
How to cook
Prepare pork ribs
- Rub some cornstarch onto the pork ribs for a few seconds and rinse well under running water.
- Drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Add cooking wine to the pork ribs and massage it in for a few seconds to let it absorb.
- Add light soy sauce, sugar and salt to the pork ribs and mix well.
- Add pickled salted plum, plum sauce, plum liquid, bean paste and minced garlic.
- Lastly, add cornstarch, sesame oil and cooking oil. Cover and set aside for 30 mins.
- Transfer the pork ribs to a deep plate (to hold some of the broth) for steaming.
- Arrange the pork ribs in a single layer and avoid stacking them closely together.
- Steam over high heat for approximately 20 mins.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions and coriander leaves.
- Enjoy this dish piping hot served with a bowl of steamed white rice!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!