softened at room temperature
divided into 3 portions
diced almonds work fine too
How to cook
Prepare semolina butter
- Cream the softened butter with 1/3 of the caster sugar. Mix on medium-high speed until it becomes pale and fluffy.
- Add in the semolina flour and mix for 30 secs until well combined.
- Set aside to rest for 1 hour at room temperature.
Prepare egg yolk mixture
- In a bowl, combine the egg yolks, brandy, vanilla extract and 1/3 of the caster sugar.
- Mix briefly until it doubles in size.
Prepare flour mixture
- In another bowl, combine flour, diced almonds, salt and baking powder.
- Mix until well incorporated.
Prepare egg white mixture
- In a bowl, whip the egg whites with another 1/3 of the sugar.
- Whip until medium peaks form.
- In the bowl with the semolina butter, fold in the flour mixture until combined.
- Add in the egg yolk mixture and mix until well combined.
- Then fold in the egg whites mixture in batches until fully incorporated.
- Grease the rice cooker with oil and line the base with parchment paper.
- Pour in the batter and set the rice cooker to its ‘cake’ setting (~ 50 mins).
- In a bowl, mix the room temperature butter with icing sugar and milk until well combined.
- Allow cooling of the cake at room temperature before topping with almond slicing and a sprinkle of frosting to serve.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Easy Numbers Cake
Baileys Irish Cheesecake
No-Bake Taro Tofu Cake
No-Bake Jelly Cake
Peach Sponge Cake
Durian Cream Pancakes
Lemon Cardamom Cake
Cake in a Jar
Grilled Pound Cake French Toast with Smoked Maple Syrup
Matcha Gateau Au Choc
Honey Walnut Cake5.0 (1)
Black Forest 'Cake'
Christmas Vanilla Cake
Mango Coconut Ice Cream Cake5.0 (1)
Mug Date Cake
Brown Sugar Huat Kueh
butter marble cake