Sup Ekor (Oxtail Soup)
How to cook
- Add oil into a soup pot to sauté garlic, ginger and onion till slightly wilted, then add in ground cumin, ground coriander, cinnamon stick cardamoms and star anise and stir-fry over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Turn up the heat to high and add in oxtail and seared for another 5 mins.
- Add in beef stock and water and bring it to a boil before letting it simmer in low heat for 2 hours.
- Add in potatoes and carrots to simmer for another 10mins, before adding in tomatoes and celery to simmer for another 10mins.
- Season the soup with fish sauce and adjust according to taste preference, garnish with spring onion and the soup is ready to serve!
You may also like
Double-Boiled Winter Melon Chicken Soup with Black Eye Bean
Chicken Soup with Ginger and Shiitake Mushrooms
Tom Yum Goong
Festive Seafood Abalone & Fish Maw Soup
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Salmon Head Soup
Creamy Mushroom Soup
Easy Bean Stew
Japanese Udon Soup
New Zealand Superior Wild Abalone with Red Chili Stew
Lion Head Fish Maw Soup
Prata Pot Pie With Boston Clam Chowder
Tsukune in Miso Happy Broth
Simply Cook Vegetable Kit – ABC Soup
Steamed Pork Ribs with Salted Plum
Pork Shoulder & Mushrooms Red Wine Stew
Italian-Style Chicken Stew
Family Treasure Soup
Winter Melon & Corn Soup
Chinese Watercress Soup