Thai Pork Ball Porridge
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
or any stock you prefer
|4 1⁄2 cups|
How to cook
Prepare the meatballs
- Combine the minced pork, corn flour, fish sauce, sesame oil, white pepper and sugar until it becomes sticky.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes, then shape it into thumb-sized meatballs.
- Combine the chicken stock, rice, ginger, spring onion, garlic and chicken powder in a rice-cooker.
- Leave the lid slightly ajar to let some steam escape to prevent overflowing.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes and stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- At this point, you can use a hand whisk or fork to whisk the rice if you prefer a softer consistency.
- Once the porridge is cooked, stir ½ cup of water or stock and mix well.
- Drop the meatballs one by one into the rice-cooker and cook according to instructions.
- Cover with a lid and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat to prevent burning.
- Stir the seasoning into the porridge and adjust to taste.
- Serve warm; top with a soft-boiled egg and garnish (optional).
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Coca Cola Braised Pork Belly
Ah Ma’s Chicken Rice
Crispy Duck Leg with Mandarin Orange
Mud Crab Vermicelli
Braised Sea Cucumber, Scallops and Roast Pork Claypot
Steamed Egg with Pork and Salted Vegetables
Kimchi Fried Rice
Hakka Abacus Seeds
Butter & Egg Fried Rice with Chicken Fillet
Abundance & Prosperity Poon Choi
Royal Fortune Stir Fried Ingot Rice
Chinese Yam (Taro) and Pork Congee
Salted Egg Yolk Chee Cheong Fun
Crispy Noodles with Silky Seafood Sauce
Delectable Fish Wing In Sour Chicken Broth
Fragrant Rose Wine Chicken
Shrimp Pad Thai (Thai Rice Noodles)
Vegetarian Sweet & Sour Pork
Family Treasure Soup
Coffee Pork Ribs