Espresso Strong Coffee
separated and use 4 yolks and 2 egg-whites
How to cook
- Prepare the espresso coffee and put it into a shallow dish and set it aside.
- Beat egg yolks with the caster sugar in a large bowl with electric beaters until is pale and thick.
- Add the mascarpone and mix gently until it just combines.
- Beat egg whites in a medium bowl with electric beaters until soft peaks form.
- Using a large metal spoon, gently fold egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.
- Dip enough of the Savoiardi biscuits into the coffee and place the 1st layer in a rectangular baking dish.
- Cover the layer of biscuits with one-third of the mascarpone mixture. Repeat layers 2 times, ending with the cream.
- Dust the last layer of cream with generously cocoa powder and let it rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours before slicing or scooping to serve.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!