Treasured Sesame Oil Duck
Knife 100% Pure Sesame Oil
(cut into pieces and seasoned with salt)
Yam (cut into thin strips)
Old ginger (sliced)
Sichuan preserved vegetables (chopped)
|2 1⁄2 tbsp|
Chinese wine (Hua Tiao Chiew)
Dark soy sauce
Cooking oil (for deep-frying)
Local lettuce (for garnish)
Spring onion (for garnish)
Red chilli (for garnish)
How to cook
- Deep fry the yam sticks till crispy. Set aside.
- Using sesame oil, fry ginger till crispy. Set crispy ginger aside. Reserve sesame oil for frying duck.
- Season duck pieces with salt.
- Using a pressure cooker, add reserved sesame oil, then sear duck to render fat and brown. Remove and set aside.
- Remove excess oil. Sauté garlic, Sichuan preserved vegetables, white peppercorn, and duck.
- Add sugar and oyster sauce. Continue frying for 2 mins.
- Deglaze pan with Chinese wine. Add water and bring to a boil.
- Cover pressure cooker and cook for approximately 25 mins (depending on your pressure cooker).
- Add chestnuts and bring to a boil.
- Add dark soy sauce. Mix well.
- Layer local lettuce on plate, add duck and other ingredients on top.
- Garnish with yam fries, crispy ginger, spring onion and red chillies.
You may also like
Golden Chef Razor Clam Meat Patty
Eight Treasure Family Platter
Abundant Pan-fried Grouper with Oyster Sauce
Prosperity Pen Cai
Crispy Chicken with Auspicious Mandarin Orange & Ginger Scallion Sauce
Fish Maw Soup in Young Coconut
Crispy Duck Leg with Mandarin Orange
Glutinous Rice Balls ‘Tang Yuan’ with Black Sesame Paste
Wok-Fried Tangy Prawns with Sesame Soy Dressing
Fried Impossible Potstickers
Ah Ma’s Chicken Rice
Salted Egg Prawns
Dumpling Fried Rice
Crispy Noodles with Silky Seafood Sauce
Abundance & Prosperity Poon Choi
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Gold Bar Spring Roll
Mala Kou Shui Chicken
Mala Black Fungus
Golden Spicy Scallops
Har Cheong Gai
Fragrant Rose Wine Chicken
Stir-Fried Spring Onion Ginger Fish with Fragrant Sesame Oil