|For Spring Rolls|
Unsoaked Tang Hoon
China QQ Mushrooms
Mini Spring Roll Wrappers
Or more as needed
How to cook
Cooking the Ingredients
- Soak the mung bean vermicelli in water until soft. Drain, cut into short strips and set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil. Add onion, fry till fragrant, then add mushrooms, carrots and napa cabbage. Fry for 1 min.
- Add in seasoning; oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar and pepper. Cook for another 1 - 2min.
- Add in glass noodles and cook for another 1 min.
- Add coriander and sesame oil, mix well for another 30 secs and turn off the heat. Cool and set aside.
Wrapping the Spring Rolls
- Place the wrapper with one of the corners near you, like a diamond, on a clean and dry surface.
- Place about 2 teaspoons of filling, about two fingers from the corner that is closest to you.
- Fold the corner over the filling, fold over both sides, grab and roll it into a cigar shape. Roll the spring roll away from you like making a burrito.
- Place an egg wash on the tip of the remaining corner. Let the egg wash act as gum to secure the seal at the folding.
Frying the Spring Rolls
- Heat up the oil in a deep fryer at 175°C.
- Deep fry the spring rolls for 5 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
Prepare the Dipping Sauce
- Heat up all the ingredients in a small pot until well mixed.
- Plate and serve the spring rolls!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Abalone in Oyster Sauce E-fu
Fried Mee Tai Mak
One-Pot Hainanese Chicken Rice5.0 (1)
Chui kao shao cookies
Crab and Seafood Porridge
Hot And Sour Fish With Pickled Leaf Mustard Hotpot
Singapore-Style Chilli Tiger Prawns and Mussels
CNY inspired Tiger Swiss Roll
Fish Maw Soup in Young Coconut
Razor Clams Vietnamese Spring Rolls
Gold Bar Spring Roll
Treasure Sea Cucumber with Vegetables in Plum Sauce
Treasured Sesame Oil Duck
Steamed Egg with Pork and Salted Vegetables
Golden Chef Auspicious Fortune Pot Chicken Stew
Lion Head Fish Maw Soup
Braised Golden Bridge waxed meat ee mian
Prawn Paste Mushrooms & Shabu Rolls5.0 (1)
Eight treasure rice