French Du Puy Lentils
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Small Yellow Onion
Garden Fresh Thyme
Canned Red Tomato Paste with no salt
How to cook
- Prepare vegetables; dice mushrooms, carrots, celery and onions. Mince garlic and tomatoes, and chiffonade (aka finely slice) basil.
- Tip! Use a food processor to speed up chopping process (leave the basil and tomatoes out and slice by hand).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil to pan and sauté onions, garlic, celery, carrots and mushrooms, with a pinch of salt, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add sun dried tomatoes, tomato paste, thyme and red wine scraping the bottom of the pan, and let wine reduce by half.
Create Sauce (continued)
- Add rinsed lentils and vegetable stock, and let simmer, uncovered on low, for 25 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Add more liquid during cooking if sauce seems dry.
- Turn off heat. Add basil and season with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Pick out the thyme springs and discard before serving.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add salt.
- Cook pappardelle until al dente, firm to bite but not soft.
Serve & Enjoy!
- Plate pasta and enjoy with sauce and a drizzle of olive oil if desired!
You may also like
Steamed Pork Ribs with Salted Plum
German Meatballs with Mustard Gravy
Crepes With Caramelised Apples
Fruit & Vegetable Popsicles
Treasure Sea Cucumber with Vegetables in Plum Sauce
Australian Premium Wild Abalone With Pomfret
Braised Long Cabbage with Sweet Corn and Egg White Sauce
Simply Cook Vegetable Kit – Mixed Vegetable Curry
Simply Cook Vegetable Kit – Mixed Vegetables Stir-Fry
Indian Style Mee Siam with Fresh Prawns
Beefeater Gin with Schweppes Manao Lime
Sea Asparagus with Liver Sausages
Wok-fried Mee Sua with Tiger Prawns
Steamed Egg with Pork and Salted Vegetables
Crispy Duck Leg with Mandarin Orange
Octopus Carpaccio with Kimchi Cream
Spaghetti with Salmon and Pesto Genovese
Seared Salmon with Rainbow Salad
Marinated Chicken with Black Fungus
Stir Fry Endives with Fish Cake
Pierogi with Potato Fillings
One-Pan Pasta with Canned Tomatoes
Roti Jala with Pengat Durian
Pizza with Fresh Vegetables