Viennese Kaya Whirls
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
slightly softened, room temperature
How to cook
Prepare the oven
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and line a tray with baking paper.
Prepare the biscuit
- Mix the butter and icing sugar well.
- Beat in sifted flour, salt and baking powder until all the ingredients are blended well together.
- Pour the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a star-shaped nozzle.
- Pipe the rounded and swirly mounds to form the biscuits on the baking tray.
- Pop the biscuits into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until they are crisp and lightly golden.
Assemble and serve
- Add a tablespoon of kaya jam to the flat side of a biscuit and sandwich it with another biscuit once they are cooled - ensure that the swirly side is facing upwards so the pattern can be seen.
- Repeat this process until you have a tray of little kaya-filled Viennese whirls.
- Serve with your favourite cup of tea.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!