Watermelon Air Katira
or to taste
How to cook
Prepare the soaked ingredients
- Soak the gum tragacanth for 7 hours or overnight (if possible).
- Soak the basil seeds in water until they become plump.
- Slice the dried dates thinly then soak them in boiling water for 10-15 minutes to soften.
Prepare the liquids
- Rip the pandan leaf in half to release its fragrance then knot it.
- Add water, sugar and pandan leaf in a pot and keep stirring until it reaches a low boil, or the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Remove the pot from heat and refrigerate the pandan sugar syrup so it can cool down faster.
- Blend the cubed watermelon.
Assemble and serve
- Add the soaked ingredients into a jug.
- Pour in the pandan sugar syrup and the blended watermelon.
- Add then evaporated milk, stir will and serve chilled!
You may also like
Pineapple and Starfruit Prata Galette
Roti Jala with Pengat Durian
Black Pepper Mutton
Mug Date Cake
One Pot: Penang Prawn & Pineapple Curry
Homemade Laksa Noodles (Halal)
Nasi Minyak and Sambal Prawns with Arabic Salad
Chef Siti Pasta Rempah
Ayam Lemak Chilli Padi
Roti Jala with Chicken Curry
Pulut Hitam Panna Cotta
Sup Ekor (Oxtail Soup)
Kueh Dadar Crepe Cake
Mini Chicken Satay (Inspired by the Singapore Flyer)
Healthy Nasi Lemak
Ayam Goreng Kalasan
Iga Penyet (Fried Beef Ribs)
Kapitan Chicken Curry