Whole Wheat Dairy-free Banana Pancakes
100% whole wheat flour
medium Ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup mashed banana)
Egg (lightly whisked)
Unsweetened almond milk
Mini carobs or mini chocolate chips
How to cook
- In a large bowl (or mixer), whisk together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking powder.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the mashed banana, egg, vanilla and almond milk until smooth.
- Add in the first bowl of dry ingredients to this second bowl of wet ingredients and mix lightly until just combined.
- NOTE: If the batter looks too thick, add just a splash more of the almond milk.
- Over medium heat, lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with coconut oil.
- Pour batter using a 1/4 cup onto the skillet and spread out lightly with a spoon. Add 8 carobs or chocolate chips to each pancake round batter.
- Cook around 2 minutes (until bubbles appear on top).
- Flip the pancake cakes and cook around another 1.5 minutes until golden brown.
- Lower the skillet slightly and wipe skillet clean with each pancake made. Repeat with more coconut oil until you use up all of the remaining batter.
- Makes 8 delicious pancakes. You can add nut butter to the top or fruit.
You may also like
Chocolate Chip, PB & Banana Sandwiches
Overnight Oats Parfait
Quick Whole Wheat Wraps
Crepes With Caramelised Apples
Durian Min Jiang Kueh
Bacon-Wrapped Egg Toasties
Soft Shell Crab Salted Eggs Benedict
Cheesy Breakfast Croissant
Brazilian Cheese Bread
Scrambled Eggs with Crispy Basil Chicken
Mixed Berry French Toast
Ham & Cheese Sandwich
Maitake Mushroom Wholemeal Breakfast Wraps
Prawn Rice Rolls
Chicken Salad Spread
Salted Egg Yolk Chee Cheong Fun
Grilled Pound Cake French Toast with Smoked Maple Syrup
Spinach Breakfast Platter
BLT Waffle Sandwich
Chinese Yam (Taro) and Pork Congee