For Sponge Cake:
250g of Sponge Cake Premix
3 medium Eggs
1 tsp of Vanilla Essence
For The Filling:
8-10 seeds of Durian Flesh (Seeds removed)*
For The Cream:
200ml of Whipped Cream
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Place the durian flesh into an electric mixer and mix the flesh into a paste on low to medium speed. Cover durian paste and keep refrigerated for use later.
- Pre-heat oven for 15 minutes, set temperature to 180°C (top and bottom heat on).
- Break eggs into large mixing bowl. Then, add in cake premix flour, water and vanilla essence. Beat mixture with electrical mixer at medium speed for 10 minutes.
- Pour cake batter into the greased baking pan. Place baking pan at middle rack. Bake for 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out completely clean. Allow cake to completely cool in the pan on wire rack, for about an hour, before removing from pan.
- Whip the fresh cream and keep refrigerated for use later.
- Sliced the cake horizontally into 3 layers and spread a thick layer of durian filling evenly on the lady of cake. Repeat the same for the next layer.
- Spread the whipped cream on the entire cake, fill up the edges and even it out with spatula.
- Chill the decorated cake for another hour or so and serve it chilled.