4-8 seeds of Durian Flesh (Seeds removed)*
2 large Egg Yolks
1 tsp of Vanilla Essence
3 tbsp of Sugar
1 cup of Full Cream Milk
1 cup of Cream
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Place the durian flesh into an electric mixer and mix the flesh into a paste on low to medium speed.
- Press the paste through a fine sieve and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the vanilla essence and sugar.
- Bring the milk and cream to a near boil over medium heat and then reduce the heat to low. Pour in the egg mixture, stirring constantly to thicken.
- Take care not to let the mixture boil, or the milk will curdle. (If you see bubbles forming at the edge of the saucepan, take it off the stove).
- Once a thick consistency, remove from the heat and allow the custard to cool. Chill the custard in the freezer for 30 to 45 minutes, until it is just beginning to harden. Gradually stir in the durian paste, 1 tablespoon at a time, until completely incorporated.
- Continue to freeze it till it hardens. Served chilled in a bowl, on a slice of bread or on the ice cream waffle cone!