10 pcs Diamond Live Frozen White Prawns*
40g Yellow Bell Pepper (cut into chunks)
40g Red Bell Pepper (cut into chunks)
½ Red Apple (scooped into balls using melon baller)
½ Australia Pear*
50ml Concentrated Orange Juice
½ tsp Salt
1 tbsp Sugar
A dash Tabasco
20 pcs Mandarin Orange Segments
3 tbsps Cooking Oil
1 pc Whole Large Orange (hollowed out)
Mint Leaves (for garnish)*
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Add oil and fry unshelled thawed prawns over high heat. Flip prawns only when sides of prawns turn orange
- Add bell peppers, then reduce heat before adding orange juice, salt, sugar, tabasco and apple balls. Toss well.
- Using the melon baller, scoop pears into balls just before adding straight into pan. Abstain from preparing pear balls ahead of time to avoid oxidisation. Toss well.
- Add orange segments in the mixture.
- Serve fruits and vegetables in a hollowed orange. Add orange segments.
- Arrange prawns around the hollowed orange. Drizzle sauce from pan onto prawns.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
Explore more Chinese New Year content:
Here’s how to be a FairPrice Super Shopper
Events for the whole family
FairPrice Chinese New Year catalogue