For Mashed Potatoes:
8 Russets Potato, Peeled & Quartered
½ cup Milk
¼ cup Butter
2 tbsp Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Flour
1½ cup Beef Broth or Chicken Stock
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp Sugar
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Rosemary
¼ tsp Black Pepper
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add potatoes to boil until soft.
- In a separate saucepot, prepare the gravy by melting butter and add in flour and whisk till smooth.
- Add in beef broth and increase the heat to medium high.
- Add in remaining ingredients and whisk until it thickens then set aside.
- Once the potatoes have soften, drain and place into a large bowl and mashed with potato masher.
- Add remaining ingredients for mashed potatoes and continue to mash till desired consistency.
- Scoop one serving of mashed potatoes on the plate and serve the gravy over the mashed potatoes. Alternatively, gravy can be served on the side and added only when needed. Dish is now ready to serve.