1 can Golden Chef Auspicious Fortune Pot
1 whole Fresh Spring Chicken (800g – 900g)
400g Australian Lettuce
FOR CHICKEN MARINADE
1 tbsp Golden Chef Premium Light Soya Sauce
1 tsp Golden Chef Premium Dark Soya Sauce
1 tbsp Chinese Wine
2 stlks Spring Onion, washed and halved
10ml Ginger juice
FOR STOCK SEASONING
300ml Chicken stock
2 tbsp Golden Chef Premium Oyster sauce with Dried Scallop
1 tbsp Golden Chef Premium Dark Soya Sauce
2 tsp Sugar
1 tbsp Chicken concentrate sauce
1 tbsp Chinese yellow wine
2 tbsp Potato starch (optional)
Coriander for garnish
- Separate the soup and ingredients from the Golden Chef Auspicious Fortune Pot can.
- Wash the spring chicken and pat dry. Discard fat and innards. Butterfly the back of the chicken; use the back of your knife to break the leg bone but do not remove these bones.
- Marinate the chicken in a large bowl. Chill the chicken for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Heat up a pan over medium-high heat and fry chicken with the skin facing down. Sear until golden brown for a few minutes before turning it to fry the other side of the chicken.
- Rinse the pan-fried chicken with water to get rid of the excess oil.
- Pre-heat your wok, add the soup from the fortune pot, chicken stock and stock seasoning to boil. Add the fried chicken and the remaining ingredients from the fortune pot. Let it braise over medium-low heat.
- Keep on turning the chicken in order to braise evenly. After 30 mins, check if the chicken is evenly cooked, and if the sauce has reduced but not dried.
- Heat up a pot of boiling water to blanch the lettuce while the chicken is cooking. Drain and put in a deep serving plate or large bowl. Set aside.
- Once the chicken is soft and tender, dish up and place the chicken on the centre of the lettuce.
- Thicken the sauce with potato starch if it is too dilute. Pour the sauce and ingredients over the cooked chicken.
- Garnish with coriander. Ready to serve!