1L Knife Brand 100% Pure Groundnut Oil
Golden Pearl (Yam Ball):
300g Yam (Small Diced)*
200g Minced Prawn
1 sheet Vietnamese Rice Paper
Marination for Yam & Prawns:
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Sugar
2 tsp Corn Flour
1 Egg Yolk
200g Thousand Island Sauce
2 Salted Egg Yolk (Cooked & Mashed)
½ tsp Curry Powder
1 tsp Lemon Juice
2 tsp Tobiko*
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Heat up 1 litre of Knife Brand 100% Pure Groundnut Oil in a deep pot up to 170°C.
- To prepare the dip – Mix the Thousand Island dressing with cooked salted egg yolk, curry powder and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Cut the yam into small dice and set aside.
- Slice the prawns into half and smash with the back of a clever to make into prawn paste.
- Add the prawn paste to the yam. Marinate with salt, sugar, cornflour and 1 egg yolk. Combine well. Then portion into 15 yam balls.
- Deep fry Vietnamese rice paper at 210°C (for the “nest”). Set aside.
- Deep fry yam balls at 170°C or lower about 165°C (medium high heat) until golden brown. Place the golden pearls on the crispy rice paper nest.
- Garnish with tobiko, edible flowers and micro cress and serve it with the dip.