18pcs Fukuyama Scallops (thaw and pat dry)
½ tsp Salt (for seasoning scallops)
½ tsp Sugar (for seasoning scallops)
30ml Cooking Oil
300g Pumpkin (seeds and skin removed)*
1pc White Onion (sliced)*
50g Cold Unsalted Butter
200ml Chicken Stock
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Sugar
110ml Water (for Blending)
10pcs Fried Wanton Skins*
1 tbsp Wolfberries (soaked in Chinese wine)*
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Thaw scallops in fridge overnight, then rinse and pat dry with a clean cloth.
- Season with salt and sugar, and set aside.
- In a large pan, add oil, onion and pumpkin. Sauté onion until soft.
- Add salt and sugar, stir fry for 1 min, and add chicken stock. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 mins.
- Blend the pumpkin mixture into puree.
- Sear scallops over hot frying pan with oil and butter until golden brown on both sides, then set aside.
- Pour pumpkin puree onto plate, arrange the seared scallops on it, and place fried wanton skin in the centre.
- Garnish with wolfberries and coriander leaves.