12 pcs Fukuyama Frozen Hokkaido Scallops (seasoned with corn flour and salt)
130g Rice cake slices
30g Shimeji mushrooms
40g Baby corn (cut into chunks)
A pinch Salt
3 tbsps Cooking oil (for rice cakes)
½ tbsp Cooking oil (for mushrooms)
½ tbsp Cooking oil (for baby corn)
Coriander (for garnish)*
3 cloves Garlic (sliced)
5 tbsps Tomato sauce
1 tbsp Chilli paste
1 tbsp Miso paste
2 tbsps Sugar
2 Eggs (beaten)
½ tbsp Cooking oil
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Pan-fry rice cake slices in oil till crisp on the sides over high heat. Set aside.
- Season scallops with corn flour and salt.
- Pour away excess oil from pan and fry scallops on each side for 3 mins till golden brown. Set aside scallops. Set aside juice from frying scallops separately for use later.
- Add oil and fry Shimeji mushrooms till brown. Set aside.
- Add oil and fry baby corn. Add a pinch of salt and fry till slightly charred. Set aside.
- Prepare Spicy Sauce by heating oil and sautéing sliced garlic. Add chilli paste, juice from frying scallops, water, miso paste, sugar and tomato sauce. Bring sauce to a boil.
- Add fried rice cakes and cook till rice cakes are soft.
- Slowly add beaten eggs into the sauce mixture till thickened.
- Place rice cakes and vegetables in a deep dish. Ladle in a portion of spicy sauce, then arrange scallops on top and ladle in the remainder of the sauce over scallops.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.