2 Pasar Herbal Bak Kut Teh Herb Packets*
20g Chinese Angelica (Dang Gui)*
4 Garlic Bulbs
1.2kg Pork Ribs
200g Enoki Mushrooms
10 pc Fried Tofu Puffs
10 pc Fried Beancurd Sheets
1 Chinese Celery* (Roughly Chopped)
2 litres Water
1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce (To Taste)
Salt (To Taste)
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store
- Add pork ribs to a pot filled with room temperature water.
- Boil the ribs for 3 – 5 mins or until fully cooked.
- Remove ribs from the pot, rinse and set aside.
- Set aside wolfberries. Add the remaining herbs, garlic and blanched pork ribs to the pot of 2 litres of water, and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Once the soup boils, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Before serving, bring the soup to a boil over medium high heat then add wolfberries, enoki mushrooms, fried bean curd sheets and fried tofu puffs. Cook until they are soft.
- Add some salt and dark soy sauce to taste.
- Garnish with chopped Chinese celery and serve warm alongside some fluffy white rice and Chinese tea of your choice!
Remove impurities from the pork ribs more effectively by adding them to the pot of water just before it boils. Once the water boils, continue boiling for about 3 minutes then rinse the ribs before adding them to the soup. Add more Dang Gui herbs if you prefer a stronger herbal taste.