2 packets of Pasar Herbal Bak Kut Teh herbs
20g Chinese angelica (Dang Gui)
4 bulbs of garlic
2 litres of water
1.2kg pork prime ribs
200g Pasar enoki mushrooms
10 pcs Jia Jia Wang (JJW) fried tofu puffs
10 pcs Everbest fried beancurd sheets
1 stalk Chinese celery
1 tbsp dark soy sauce (if you prefer it darker)
Salt to taste
Method (To Blanch Pork):
- Add pork ribs to a pot filled with room temperature water.
- Boil the ribs for 3 to 5 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Remove ribs from the pot, rinse and set aside.
Method (To Boil Soup):
- Set aside wolfberries. Add the remaining herbs, garlic and blanched pork ribs to the pot of 2 litres of water, and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Once the soup boils, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Before serving, bring the soup to a boil over medium high heat then add wolfberries, enoki mushrooms, fried bean curd sheets and fried tofu puffs. Cook until they are soft.
- Add some salt and dark soy sauce to taste.
- Garnish with chopped Chinese celery.
Remove impurities from the ribs more effectively by adding them to the pot of water just before it boils. Once the water boils, continue boiling for about 3 minutes then rinse the ribs before adding them to the soup. Add more Dang Gui herbs if you prefer a stronger herbal taste.